Saturday, November 3, 2007

blah blah blah

I went to an oil blending class this afternoon and it was really fun. I got a lot of good and new to me information. We made 2 personal blends - a 'rescue remedy' (lavender and geranium) and a thyroid/adrenal blend (cedar wood & geranium).

I should have made a 'get off your arse' and 'anti-bitch' blend.

Tallulah is such a lively person. She is absolutely loving, caring, sweet, tenacious, giggly. LOUDand forgiving. And she frustrates the heck out of me. She is always on and that really tires me out. I'm a much more quieter person. Unless I am angry and then I am not quiet.

Tallulah told me this past week- "Mommy, when you get angry and yell like a monster and it makes us so very sad, then my heart yells to you, too." "What does your heart yell at me?" "It yells, 'I still love you Mommy even though you are a mean monster.'"

And a few weeks ago - "Mommy, you know when you get angry at us and sometimes you yell? Well, that's not really the right thing to do, because we are just kids. And we don't know any better. We are just learning. You have green eyes; can I poke them?"

She just turned 4! How is it she is so much more emotionally mature than I am? She just gets interpersonal dynamics* intuitively. While I am still trudging away having 2 year old tantrums.

But that bit about them being kids, not knowing any better and learning? That was freaky. I got a massage in July and the massage guy was awesome. He knew things about me that no one knew and he knew it from just the massage. He said that the body never forgets and one just needs to know how to speak the language.

Anyway, he said the same exact thing that Tallulah did. Exactly. Well, not the part about the eyes. Total de ja vu I got when Tallou said that to me.

Isaac walked in, "Mom, I just did the funniest thing in the world. I farted in Dad's face."

*not really the word I want but it'll have to do.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

this is a great story. thanks for letting us learn from your kids, too. (and it takes a really strong mama to provide a place where kids can grow like that...you know? sometimes faster or farther than mama thinks she already is?.... you're awesome....)