Monday, May 19, 2008

quick update

bah - i keep meaning to come and pot on this blog but i don't think about it until after i am in bed.

ireally want to use this as a journal and just spew out all my dysfunction. i think that will help a lot. in the mean time bach flower remedies rock!!

i passed the babe april 15 and after all was said and done i was 11 weeks along (or 10 weeks 6 days but 11 weeks is easier to say) and it was a boy. i'll have to dig up the link but there was genital shots of 11 week fetus on line and our, uh fetus? baby? how does one refer to one that young? definitely looked like boy.

i wanted to name him. the mister didn't really want to but was fine if i did. he gave very little input for the name but i did get an okay. he said it made him to sd to think about.

oliver is the first name. a name i've liked for a long time. i suggested the name when we were pregnant with boychik but dh said it would be better for a subsequent boy. fine with me.

then i started calling my cat oliver. this is the best cat evah in the whole entire world. her given name was tsume renshu but i called her renny. i started saying 'i love her' in a stupid lovey voice reserved for favorite animals or small babies. and the 'i love her' morphed into oliver. when i saw her i would just say oliver in a regular voice and mean 'i love her'. we had to put renny down when i was pregnant with little miss crazy p - (feb 27 06 if you wanted a date).

i figured this would be the perfect opportunity to name a child with a name that i love and has a special meaning to me. cause the mister is adamant about no olivers cause of the cat.

middle name i was stuck with. finally chose daniel. heard danny boy at the kids concert which made me think of the name. cheesy predictable? yeah, but who cares.

i FINALLY stopped bleeding a week and a half ago. it got really bad. then get a little better and back to really bad. sucked big time.

3 comments:

earthmama said...

i love olivers, aimee... more hugs to you, beautiful mama...

Virgo Mercury Matchstick said...

A hug from me, also, despite your probable aversion to hugs. That makes me wonder, will you hug me after the marathon?

Speaking of aversions, I hope you won't have one to the knowledge that my #1's middle name is Daniel. The Daniel he is named for is another special boy who departed too early.

Jessica Reid said...

Oliver Daniel is a fabulous and fitting name. I love the story behind Oliver. I can only imagine the difficulty you've been through. I hope you are finding peace.