Wednesday, January 9, 2008

appointments

We had an appointment for Tallulah yesterday. We suspect she might have SPD, and while it was something we could deal with before it's becoming harder to handle now. She's wanting to do things that we don't feel comfortable letting her do and (ie - grandparent visit) in case she has her feelings.

We found the name of a developmental neurologist doc with great recs. and went to make an appointment. But he doesn't take our new insurace (our ins changed 1/1/08). They said call Texas Children's Hospital neurology department.

I called, told them my story and made appointment and saw the doc yesterday. She is a regular pediatric neurologist. After the eval she said that she doesn't normally see people like Tallou but a developmental neurologist does.

How am I supposed to know that? If I had known that before then I woldn't have made the appointment. She gave us a referral to the main TCH Meyer place and I called to make an appointment today. Afterr being booted to a voice mail every single time I pressed 2 to make an appointment I pressed 0 for the physician line.

Rude answer lady said to fax the referral, insurance card, our contact info and they will send us out a package. We fill that out, mail it in and are put on a 6-12 month wait list. oy.

No comments: