Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fae grows up

Tallulah has officially weaned - I think. She hasn't asked to nurse in a week and when I asked her if she wanted to nurse I would get the 'in a minute' answer. But the minute never came.

I asked her today if she wanted to nurse and she said, "I don't need to nurse anymore Momma. Penelope can have all my nurses."

I remember holding her in my arms right after she was born and I told our midwife that I don't remember how to nurse a baby. Our midwife said it would come back. Ah, but no need because Tallulah latched on by herself and stayed latched on for over four years.

I nursed a human for four years! Who would have thought that? I was the person that thought breastfeeding was absolutely disgusting and only poor people breastfed. It wasn't until I was halfway through our first pregnancy that I thought maybe I might be wrong. I did some reading, attended LLL meetings and decided to give breastfeeding a try.

My sweet Tallou.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

wow! congratulations, mama....that is awesome.